Don’t want to use Instagram anymore? You can easily delete your account – both from your computer and from your smartphone. You will have 2 methods to choose from. The first is to temporarily block your account, the second is to permanently delete it. We described step by step how to carry out the procedure of deleting an account on Instagram.
Instagram is one of the most popular social networks. It allows users to communicate with people around the world. On it you can share photos, moments from your life in your stories and videos or follow your favorite celebrities. However, social media uses a lot of sensitive personal information, sometimes this information is too much
Deleting your account from all social media is a bit of an extreme approach, but for some it may seem like the easiest way to protect their privacy. Since registering on Instagram is easy, it’s just as simple to delete your account at any time. However, if you just want to take a break from Instagram, you have two options: you can delete your account and leave the social media platform permanently, or you can just temporarily disable it if you’re still in doubt. If you opt for the second option, your profile, photos, and comments will be completely hidden, but if you log back in, your activity will be restored.
Let’s take a closer look at these two methods.
How to temporarily delete an account on Instagram?
- Go to the Instagram homepage, click “login” and enter your username and password. You can log into your profile through Facebook if you have an account there. If you don’t remember your credentials, try restoring them.
- Once on the site, find the icon with your profile picture in the upper right corner, next to the heart, and click on it. Then go to “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down the image and click the “lock account” button. Now you just need to answer the question and enter your password again. Only then will you be able to lock the account. Choose the answer “other”, otherwise Instagram will start “asking” you to stay with the service.
- Once locked, all your posts, publications, photos and comments will not be available to other users until you unlock your account again. You will only be able to restore activity after a few hours by re-entering your data.
How to permanently delete an account on Instagram?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete an account on Instagram from within the application installed on your smartphone. To do this, open the program using a browser on your computer. As in the previous step, open your profile menu, select “delete account”, answer the question “Why are you deleting your account?” and re-enter your password. Click “Permanently delete my account.”
How do I delete my Instagram account from my phone?
If you want to temporarily or permanently delete your Instagram account, but only have a phone at your disposal, you need to follow the same steps, but with a little nuance.
- Open the browser on your phone and go to Instagram. Unfortunately, you can’t delete your account on Instagram from the mobile app.
- You have to do the whole procedure using the browser, not the app. If you have an iPhone, you can enable the Safari browser, if you have an Android, open Google Chrome. Find the round icon with your profile picture and click on it, then go to “edit profile”. Scroll down to the very bottom and click “Lock”.
- Select the appropriate option and don’t forget to enter your password. Now confirm your choice by clicking the “block” button.
- To permanently delete your account, select the “Permanently delete my account” option.
Warning! If you temporarily delete Instagram, all your photos and videos will be saved and your friends will not disappear from your subscribers. If you go to your page after this procedure, you will find there the information that such a user does not exist, but in fact everything is just hidden.
If you decide to permanently delete your account, you will not be able to restore it! You will not even keep your nickname, you will have to invent a new one. Finally, all that remains is to delete the app itself from your phone.