Cleaning the keyboard on your laptop or computer is not at all as difficult as it seems. Check how to do it quickly and thoroughly
First, try to gently shake the keyboard. You can get rid of the biggest dirt this way. Then prepare:
– ear buds,
– compressed air,
– a wide brush,
– cotton cloth and electronics cleaner.
1. Moisten the ear sticks with isopropyl alcohol – this will help get rid of bacteria and dirt. However, be careful not to let larger debris penetrate deep into the keyboard
2. For larger debris, use a large paintbrush. When sweeping up the crumbs and dust, do not make any sudden movements as the keyboard may be damaged.
3. If debris still remains in the keyboard, you can remove it with compressed air. A package of the product usually comes with a long, thin tube. Place it in the opening at the top of the can. Place the tube right next to the keyboard, in the recesses, and blow air into the holes. This should push out any larger debris. You need to point the tube sideways, not deep into the keyboard, so that the contaminants come out of the recesses rather than falling lower under the keys
4. After cleaning the keyboard of the largest contaminants, wipe it down with a cloth dampened in electronics cleaner. Wait about 15 minutes for the keyboard to dry completely before using it.
Laptop keyboards also often get dirty, but cleaning them is a bit more complicated. Desktop keyboards can be disassembled into smaller pieces – removing each key individually shouldn’t be a problem. A laptop keyboard, on the other hand, is an integral part with its chassis, so cleaning it is a bit more difficult.
– a hair dryer – this will be suitable for blowing off crumbs and dust, it’s the cheaper equivalent of compressed air – after all, virtually everyone has a hair dryer in their home. It is also safer than sticks soaked in alcohol, because it will not wet the contacts,
– adhesive tape – it will allow you to collect the remaining dust and smaller dirt. If you do not have adhesive tape with you, you can also use modeling clay,
First, be sure to wipe the keyboard with an electronic cleaner. You can also use a dry microfiber cloth alone. Using the air stream from your hairdryer directed to the side, blow away debris such as crumbs and dust. Remember to keep the air cool though! Your laptop must not overheat too much, as this is bad for the electronics
If you still have doubts about whether the keyboard is clean, be sure to use modeling clay or adhesive tape, Stick it on and then gently peel it off the keyboard
Frequent cleaning of the keyboard is advisable because it will keep it in good condition. Collecting dust in the keyboard is not only unhygienic, but it can also lead to burning contacts, which in turn will make it impossible to use
It’s a good idea to take care of your keyboard on a regular basis – don’t eat over it or drink beverages. Take care to keep your laptop closed when you’re not using it. If you have a pet at home, be sure to invest in an air purifier – that way pet hair won’t contaminate your keyboard or computer.
Main Photo: cottonbro/pexels.com